Answered Date: May 31,2006

Title: The night a man and woman get married, is it necessray for them to make love or can they hold it off for a while?

1. could you please, in detail, explain predestination in Islam.

2. The night a man and woman get married, is it necessray for them to make love or can they hold it off for a while?

3. Could you please explain the difference between halal income and haram income. 

Forgive me for asking so many questions but this will be the last one.

4. I don't know if this information is correct but I will try my best. Our prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was a human but was considered as high as the angels. So does this mean that Iblees (devil) was really a Gin but was also considered an angel because he was made of fire. Again, Forgive me if I have made any mistakes in describing the question(s).

1. Kindly refer below to our standard answer to similar queries.

2. It is not necessary for the couple to become intimate on the first night. This is a matter that must be discussed by the couple. There is no hard and fast Shariah rule in this regard.

3. Halaal income is that income that a person accrues from Halaal (permissible) sources. That is the manner and type of work a person does is according to the Laws of Shariah. Any work that is prohibited in Shariah will be classified as Haraam (unlawful) income.

4. Rasulullah () is the noblest of Allah’s creation including the angles. This was displayed on the occasion of Miraj (physical ascension to the heavens). Nabi () was allowed to enter such a place where Jibraeel was not allowed. Iblees is from the creation of Jinn. Allah states "he (Iblees) is from the Jinn" (Surah Kahf). He was always a Jinn even while in the heavens.

And Allah Knows Best

Muhammed Zakariyya Desai
Student: Darul Ifta

Checked And Approved: Mufti Ebrahim Desai

DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of