Country: Pakistan

I have a problem concerning forgiveness from a person with whom I had a relationship of love but now its no more...so please help me ?

Question

I am a medical student and I loved my class fellow and she loved me too.In love we crossed every limit and kept on going.Now we dont have any kind of relation anymore and the reason was we had fights between us.It was due to our mistakes and many of the times she did wrong with me and many of the time I did wrong with her.Due to our mistakes our parents got involved and no we are no more together.I want you to tell me that do I have to ask for forgiveness from her and then finish everthing or there is no need of it.As our relation is over and we are seperate so should it remain be finished the way it is or should we both have to seek forgiveness from each other and then it will finish and I dont want to go back and what ever bad I did I have also ask for forgiveness from Allah.Please help me in this matter?

Answer

Allah is Most Gracious and Most Merciful. He says in the Noble Qur'aan, 'Oh My Slaves! Do not despair. Verily Allah will forgive all sins.' %0D%0A%0D%0AIn one Hadith, Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) is reported to have said, 'If a person has sins equivalent to the foams of the sea and pebbles on a desert, Allah's mercy is so encompassing that He will forgive every sin.' In another narration, it is mentioned that Allah will speak secretly to one of His slaves on the day of Qiyaamat and remind him of all his sins. After the person will confess his sins, Allah will say to him, 'I concealed your faults in the world, today too, I will conceal your faults. Go in Jannah, I have forgiven you.' %0D%0A%0D%0AThe above mentioned are few of many Ahaadith explaining the extent of Allah's Mercy. However, Allah says, 'Verily Allah will not forgive a person who ascribe partners (commit Shirk) with Him.' The only sin that is unforgivable is Kufr (disbelief) and Shirk (ascribing partners). Accepting Islam is the only atonement for the sin of Kufr and Shirk. %0D%0A%0D%0AIf one fulfils the conditions of repentance, i.e. regret and make firm intention to reform, then surely Allah Ta'ala is Tawwaab (Most Forgiving)%0D%0A%0D%0AThere is no need to seek the forgiveness of the girl. You should permanently terminate all contact with her.%0D%0A%0D%0Aand Allah Ta'ala Knows Best%0D%0A%0D%0AMufti Ebrahim Desai