Date: 15th July 2003

. What is the difference between Mani and Mazi? What is ghusl and wen should you do it.

Question

I am 16 and have been masturbating for 4 years. I need a cure and help. What is the difference between Mani and Mazi? What is ghusl and wen should you do it. Is there a cure and will Allah Forgive me and my sins. Require your desperate help.

Answer

Refer attached on masturbation and tawba [ Jaffar Please attach ]

The liquid that emits from the private part when aroused is called Mazi. The ruling for this liquid is that the Wudhu breaks. However, if the Mazi flows on to the underwear to approximately 3cm, it will be necessary to wash the underwear.

The discharge could either be Mazi or Mani. Mazi breaks Wudhu only and Mani breaks Ghusl. Mazi emits when one is aroused and Mani emits when one reaches climax and orgasm.

One differentiating feature between Mazi and Mani is after the emission of Mazi, the excitement remains and one is not fulfilled. In the emission of Mani, one is fulfilled and there is no more sexual excitement.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best