Answered Date: May 01,2002

Title: Is it necessary to do istinjah before fajr prayer (after waking up to pray.)

Question

Is it necessary to do istinjah before fajr prayer (after waking up to pray.) Is it good to fast only on all the first 10 days of Muharram or should one just fast more throughout the entire month of Muharram. What are some duas and techniques for memorizing the Quran. And recently I have been seeing Makkah alot in my dreams well I usually do but I saw one dream that somewhat bothered me, I was at the Kabaah but it seemed to be in an altered state It was still like a cube but there were some variations I cant exactly remeber all of them but it seemed to have a roof over it and there were some other differences and I was having my nikah done at the Kabaah I looked very different but I was very happy, before the nikah took place I asked the imam if I could go kiss the Hajrah Aswad before I had my nikah and I did and I also made one circle around the Kabaah and I returned to the Makaame Ibrahim. What could this dream mean or is it just an absurd dream from my nafs?

Answer

1. It is not necessary to wash one's private parts (make Istinjaa) before
Fajr Salaat, if there is no need to relieve oneself.
2. It is Sunnah to fast on the 10th of Muharram. It is advisable to fast on
the 9th or 11th as well. It was the Sunnah of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi
Wasallam) to fast on Mondays and Thursdays as well as 13-14 and 15 of the
lunar month.
3. It is best to memorise the Qur'aan under the supervision of a teacher. A
female should search for a female teacher.
4. To see the Ka'abah in one's dream, to make Tawaaf and kiss the
Hajr-e-Aswad is a blessing. The altered stated and the Ka'abah is an
indication of the condition of the Ummah not adhering to Shari'ah.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best