Date: 25th July 2020

Should we let our daughter become a Hafiza?

Question

As salamualikum wa rahmatuAllah Muft saheb,

Hope you are well and very good health.

We live in Australia, I have a 7 yrs daughter is currently memorizing Quran, she so far memorized 2.5 Juz. As I am aware that forgetting Quran is a big sin, so i am wondering much Quran a girl should memorize? Should I keep her memorization to limit with the fear that she might forget later in her future life.  Just because of this fear, many of our brothers are not sending their daughters to Quran memorize, thus there is less time spent with Quran and more time is spent on secular studies. 

I have an intention of making my daughter a full Quran Hafiz but at the same time i am afraid of making sin of forgetting Quran.

Jajak Allahu khairan.

Answer

We are pleased to note that at such a young age, your daughter has already memorized so much of the Quran Majeed. We make Duaa that Allah Ta’ala keeps her steadfast and make her complete her Hifz with ease.

We advise you to support and encourage your daughter to continue memorizing the Quran till she becomes a Hafizah of the complete Quran. At the same time, inculcate in her the true love and importance of the Quran so that she maintains it throughout her life. Like with men, if she revises her Quran throughout their life, In-Sha Allah she will not forget it.

If a woman is a Hafiz of Quran, she will create an environment of Quran in her home and also instil the love of Quran in her children.

May Allah Ta’ala make your daughter a true bearer of the Quran till her last breath. Aameen