Country: Other Country/Island
Date: 5th May 2020

Can I deliver pork and alcohol as a job?

Question

Hey Asalaamualikum sheikh, I have a personal question to ask you. My dad and I have been working for an app to get cash by picking up groceries for someone who orders it and at times, the items we pick up are pork or alcohol and deliver it. I don’t know if this is haram or not but I’ve been feeling very guilty helping my dad and working for this job with him since we’re allowing people to do haram. I tried to tell my dad that this may be wrong to work at this job but he tells me that it’s fine and the money is okay to get. Please tell me if we’re doing is wrong.

Answer

There is a difference of opinion regarding the permissibility of delivering impermissible items. While there is a leeway to deliver such items, it is better to abstain if it is possible. If one has no source of income and is constrained to adopt this form of income, he should make istighfār while continuing within work and seek another halal source of income.

Ibn Aḥsan

Student - Darul Iftaa

USA