Date: 14th May 2020

Does this statement of mine constitute Kufr?

Question

Assalamu alaikum....

Recently i have spoken some words that have caused me to fall into doubt.

Actually i was sick for some times. I had skin disease. Now i am fine and healthy by the will of Allah.

my sister asked me,"how did you get well?"

i replied," By the will of Allah and the medicine that my doctor gave me."

Have i spoke something that makes me a mushrik?

Note that i am firm in belief that i am not a mushrik or kafir. Because i didn't wanted to tell this thing in this way. I wanted to say "These medicine that my doctor gave me cured me by the will of allah."

I had no intention of saying this in that way. I had no intention to associate someone or something with my lord. Even my sister understood it in the correct way. And even i personally think that it is just a whisper of shaytaan. Please reassure me

Answer

It is commendable to see your concern on such issues. It is indeed a sign of your Imaan and Taqwa.

Your utterance was not such that constitutes Shirk.

Mahmood Suliman

Gaborone, Botswana