Date: 8th May 2020

My husband divorced me ten years ago, and didn’t tell me. What do I do?

Question

What is the ruling if husband confess after 10 years that he has divorced his wife before and during that time period as told by her husband wife gave birth to 2 children and currently his wife is pregnant. What is the status of legitimacy of children as wife doesn't know about the divorce and she came to know only after the confession of her husband now?

Answer

For us to be able to assist you better, we require the following details,

1)     What was the exact wording of divorce uttered by your husband? How was it transpired, and in what sequence?

2)     Did your husband have any physical intimacy with you, such as kissing, lustful touching, or sexual relations, before the end of the third ḥayḍ (menstruation) cycle from the time he issued the divorce?

Please clarify the above, and we can better advise you. You may email the clarification to admin@daruliftaa.net Ref: Abrar Habib.

Abrar Habib

Student - Darul Iftaa

New York City, New York, USA