Date: 7th May 2020

What Du'aas can i read to help cure my Eczema?

Question

As salamu alaikum. 

For the past few years I have been struggling with a skin disease know as eczema. It has been really difficult for me to do alot of things as they leave marks on my body and cause alot of itching and redness on my skin. I was wonder if there is an A'amal i could do or any specific duas that i could read for this sickness of mines to go away

Jazakallah.

Answer

We make du’aa that Allaah Ta’aala makes it easy for you and grants you complete shifaa.

At the outset, every sickness and every cure comes from Allaah Ta’aala alone. Any difficulty or sickness that a person faces and thereby remains patient, it becomes an expiation for his sins and a means of getting closer to Allaah Ta’aala. Rasulullaah (Sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said,

ما يصيب المسلم من نصب ولا وصب ولا هم ولا حزن ولا أذى ولا غم حتى الشوكة يشاكها إلا كفر الله بها من خطاياه

“A Muslim is neither afflicted with fatigue, nor sickness, nor worry, nor concern, nor injury, nor anxiety, not even a thorn that pricks him, except Allaah expiates by means of them some of his sins.” (Bukhaari)

Nevertheless, you may place your hand on the skin where the sickness is and recite Surah Al-Faatihah seven times and the following du’aa:

أَذْهِبْ الْبَاسَ رَبَّ النَّاسِ، اشْفِ وَأَنْتَ الشَّافِي لَا شِفَاءَ إِلَّا شِفَاؤُكَ شِفَاءً لَا يُغَادِرُ سَقَمًا

“Remove adversity, O Lord of Men! Give cure! You are the One Who gives cure. There is no cure but Your cure. [Grant such] cure that leaves no illness.” (Bukhaari)

You may also recite the following du’aa seven times preceded by بِسْمِ اللهِ thrice. Here too, you should place your hand on the skin:

أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ وَقُدْرَتِهِ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا أَجِدُ وَأُحَاذِرُ

“I seek refuge in Allaah and His Might from the evil that I find and feel.” (Muslim)

We advise you to consult a dermatologist and seek appropriate medication.

Mufti Muajul I. Chowdhury

Assistant Mufti, Darul Iftaa