Date: 22nd October 2019

Hand slaughtered chicken

Question

I already hand slaughter chicken at my poultry and I now want to further process this chicken. I know of a company who is ready to do this for me. The way it will be done is in a plant there will be two separate lines running. One line is in which they will process pork and other haram meats and the second line will be in which they process chickens. They have assured me that it is 100% separate and the line will be double cleansed with gluten free cleaning products. They will also change the oil etc. They have also assured me that both lines will not run at the same time. Is it permissible for me to go ahead with this further production of my chickens in this factory where these two lines will run?

Answer

Your question is not clear. Please provide us with the following details to give a ruling:

1.     What do you mean by wanting to further process the chicken? Does it mean cleaning the chicken or processing cleaned chicken into further meat products?

2.     How do the two separate lines in the company operate? Is there any possibility of contamination? Will there be someone from your side supervising your chicken at the company? Explain clearly in detail.

You may email your clarification to: admin@daruliftaa.net Ref: Ahmed-Ur-Rahmaan Patel

Follow Mufti Ebrahim Desai’s official Twitter handle: @MuftiEbrahim

Latest Tweet:

“If a saint regards a sinful person to be a criminal, that makes the saint a criminal. A sinful person can become a saint and a saint can become a criminal. A saint should not be content with his present condition and a sinful person should never despair.