Date: 5th September 2019

Gatehouse Bank Shariah Finance

Question

Assalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu. 

I am wanting to purchase my first home as currently living on rent. I have more than half the amount. I would lile to use the Gatehouse bank shariah compliant finance to purchase the property.

I understand the bank has a panel of scholars who have issued fatawa stating it is halal, however can you please confirm if its halal and permissible for me to use this financing system?

Jazakallah khair.  Wassalaam 

Answer

We are unable to comment on the Shari’ah compliancy of Gatehouse Bank as we have not seen the contracts and procedures of Gatehouse Bank.

Bilal Yusuf Pandor