Date: 6th August 2019

My wife blames me for everything.

Question

Assalamolaikum am from.india and my wife is from.pakistam we having one baby girl 7 yrs old. I converted to Islam 9 yrs back. Due to same my famiky is not supporting and not with me. I dnt jave any one except my wife and child. Every time my wife is arguing with me as she dnt want to live in india before that we were in dubai thn also she left pakistan due to same myslef also move there but did nt get amy income source ao we move to india . Now am earning good but again wlmy wife dnt want to be here in india we visited pakistan in this march because of her brother marriage now again she arguing to go back due to problem.in her brother marriage. She is balaming on me for everything my daughters passport is indian and she did not luke and blaming me and telling me she will nt forgive me. Is she not my daughter i dnt hv any right. Am very much depressed and freustrated please help me and advice.

Answer

Brother in Islam,

It is pleasing to note that Allah has blessed you with Islam. That is a great bounty of Allah upon you. Be firm and steadfast on Islam. The challenges in your marriage should not deter your beliefs and conviction in Islam.

If what you state is the reality of the situation, then your wife’s attitude is unfortunate. You should consider identifying a person who has influence over her family in Pakistan and explain your difficulty to him. Seek his counsel and intervention in the matter.

You should turn your attention to Allah and place your trust in him. Seek His aid by continuously making Dua. In this difficult time, we urge you to adopt patience and keep hope in the reward that Allah has kept for those that are patient.

We pray that Allah alleviates your hardships and difficulties.       

Mudassir Benish

Student-Darul Iftaa
Houston, TX, U.S.A