Why do conditions come on us?

Question

Recently, my mother and i have been experiencing some very extraordinary happenings. First of all both of our cars broke down causing us to pay $300, then i was involved in a car accident costing $350, then my mother was caught speeding and i have recieved 2 parking tickets in 4 days resulting in a further $200 expenses, because of this my mother has had difficulty in her job and i am also having trouble with my studies. We are both perplexed as to what caused these events. We are regular in tahajjud, and i always give dawa' to borthers in university. So we are really not sure if we are being punished for doing something wrong or tested to get more reward in the hereafter. please give us some advice on what to do?

Answer

Difficulties do not always come about because of sin. If this was indeed the
case, the prophets would never have suffered any misfortune.

Sometimes, Allah Ta'ala inflicts minor calamities that prevent major
calamities. Sometimes, people are tested by Allah Ta'ala to ascertain their
degree of forbearance before Allah. Difficulties are also a cause for reward
and elevation of one's status in the hereafter. Continue making Du'aa and
beg Allah's Aafiyat (security and safety from all form of misfortune).

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best