Marital issue

Question

Salaam, Im in situation, im married with my wife, but for the last Month ive have not been Living with her because of i was on drugs and had been violence. May Allah forgive me. The Reason dont live with her is to change my self insallah. So her father and my Cousin have decided that before i Can go home i have to change. My question is this? Is it haram for us both to live like this for the next 2-3 months. We dont talk to etoghter and dont meet. And tomorrow im Going for Umrah insallah.

Answer

It is pleasing to note that you are trying to change yourself for the better. May Allaah Ta’aala grant you the ability to do so and keep you steadfast thereupon. May Allaah Ta’aala accept your ‘Umrah. Aameen.

Living in the above manner will not affect the validity of your marriage from a Shari’ah perspective. However, we advise you to seek council from your parents and/or seniors on the practicality of this issue.