Date: 3rd April 2019

Advertising sunglasses and accessories through animate objects

Question

As salamu aleykum, i am about to build a website that will sell sunglasses and men's accessories likes watch, bracelets.

I want to know if it is halal for me to advertise some of my products by using decent pictures of men wearing them with their awra covered. May Allah reward you

Answer

Your desire to adopt a halaal course of action is encouraging. Adopting halaal invokes the mercy of Allah Ta'laa and barakah in your wealth.

There is a difference of opinion amongst contemporary scholars on the ruling of digital photography of animate objects. We advise you to adopt Taqwa and abstain from advertising your products using animate objects. [1]