Category:

Answered Date: Nov 30,-0001

Title: Was Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam called Ahmad in the skies and Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) in the earth?

Question

AssalamuAlaikum.

I heard that Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam was called Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) in the earth and Ahmad in the skies.

Is this correct?

Answer

Almighty Allah Ta’ala refers to Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam as Ahmad in the Qur’an which we read here on earth. 

See the following verse

وَإِذْ قَالَ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ يَابَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ إِلَيْكُمْ مُصَدِّقًا لِمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيَّ مِنَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَمُبَشِّرًا بِرَسُولٍ يَأْتِي مِنْ بَعْدِي اسْمُهُ أَحْمَدُ فَلَمَّا جَاءَهُمْ بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ قَالُوا هَذَا سِحْرٌ مُبِينٌ. 

Translation: Remember when Issa (Alaihi Salam), the son of Maryam (Alaiha Salam), said; O children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me in the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam). But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said; this is obvious magic. Surah Saff verse 6.