Country: Kenya
Date: 8th May 2019

Du‘a or Wazifa for Marriage

Question

Assalamualaykum,

I wanted to ask if there is any such dua to get married to a specific person? Do you have any? 

I have found a few wazifas online , could you let me know if they are realiable , do they work ? Or are they just ones experiences. Am I allowed to pray them?

Wazifas:

Recite ya wadoodo yaa lateefu 1111 times

Surah kafiroon 73 times

99 times surah fatihah before bed then face the qiblah and sleep 

Jazakallah

Answer

There is no specific du‘a or wazifa for getting married to a specific person.

The wazifa you mentioned is tried and tested. You may follow what is tried and tested.

However, the du‘as of the Qur’an and ahadith are most effective.

You may also recite the following du‘a which is in the Qur’an 100 times a day.

رَبِّ إِنِّيْ لِمَا أَنزَلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيْرٌ   

[Rabbi innī limā anzalta ilayya min khayrin faqir] 

O my Rabb! I am truly in desperate need of any good that You send me!

(Surat al-Qasas, 28:24) 

This is the du‘a Musa ‘alayhis salam made when he left Misr and went to Madyan. Allah accepted his du‘a and granted him the daughter of Shu‘ayb ‘alayhis salam in marriage.

It is not necessary for the wording of a du‘a to be directly from the Qur’an and sunnah. You may ask Allah for whatever you desire in your mother tongue as well.

Perform salat al-istikhara and ask Allah to grant you whatever is best for you and to make the matter easy for you.[1] [2]

For more detail about istikhara, see #26652

We advise you to persist in du‘a, consult your elders, and use all permissible means to find a suitable spouse.

And Allah Ta‘ālā Knows Best.

[1]

حاشية الطحطاوي على مراقي الفلاح شرح نور الإيضاح (ص: ٣٩٧)

"وندب صلاة الاستخارة" أي طلب ما فيه الخير وهي تكون لأمر في المستقبل ليظهر الله تعالى خير الأمرين

[2] Fatwa#: 30868