What should one do of an unhappy wife?

Question

As salaamualaikum,

My wedding took place about two year ago my wife always fights with me on small things she dislikes or insults me for the things i do or say never praises me or doesnt take any interest in making me happy we always have a fight and she is at her parents house from last seven months she was perganat at that time and now we have a girl child which is three months old,i tried contacting her but she insulted me and used a bad language, what should i do kindly help also it is been so many months since we are apart are we divorced according to islam

Answer

We take note of the contents of your mail.

You mention your wife used to argue with you for every small thing. When a person argues or is irritated by something, there should be a reason behind it. In order to find a solution of a problem, the first step is to find out the cause of the problem. Perhaps there are shortcomings from your side.

You further mention that you tried contacting her but she insulted you. We advise you to go her parents’ house and discuss the issue with her parents.

The separation between both of you does not constitute divorce. However, it is not proper for both you to be separated without addressing the problem.

You should seek the assistance of Allah through salaah, dua and zikr.