Country: Pakistan
Date: 23rd April 2019

Provident fund

Question

Assalamu-Alaikum,
i am working in an multi national company, here company has an policy name "Provident Fund " in which some amount is deducted every month from my salary, and same amount is added by the company and then they invest that money in some business, which business, i don't know, according to this policy, at me retirement company will grant me all the profit they earned from that investment, so i want to clear that is that halal or not? 
thank you, 

Answer

Kindly provide further details of the provident fund in reference. Is the pension scheme above compulsory?. Do you have a choice in where the money is invested? You may revert to us at admin@daruliftaa.net.