Title: What can I do of my husband who watches pornography?

Question

Assalamu alaikum

I have written a few times but I didn't get any response from you.

My husband is a practing man but recently I've noticed that he has been watching pornography and behaves and speaks in a filthy way.what should I do? Each time I talk to him about it but he always promises he will never do it again . I feel like he might have become a sex addict. I feel disgusted with him and have no one responsible to turn to for help.

Answer

Sister in Islaam,

We take note of the contents of your mail.

You state your husband is a practicing man. That is a positive attribute. You also refer to him watching pornography and his inappropriate conduct. Our advise is you use his positive attribute and help him come out of watching the evil sites.

You know your husband best. You may have an idea on the reason and cause of him seeing such sites. If you are falling short in your marital and intimate duties then you should make adjustments in that. You should discuss this openly with your husband. If you have fulfilled all your marital and intimate duties and he still does not make adjustments, then you may apply pressure on him in some way or the other to stop him from this evil habit.

Also seek the assistance of Allah with salaah, zikr and dua.