Asked Country: Saudi Arabia

Title: Is the Ijarah CDC Contract Shariah Complaint?

Question

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركته

Dear Mufti Ibrahim Sahib,

A question had been asked on your website (by someone else) before about the authenticty of Ijara CDC loans which offers Islamic home loans in US and Canada. However, the answer was not fully given because Darul Ifta asked for a Ijara CDC contract to be reviewed. I have not seen an answer since then (assuming that the questioner did not submit a sample contract). I am asking the same question again but I'm not sure how to submit the sample contract for Ijara. Can you please allow me to share the contract so that you may give issue an appropriate fatwa via e-mail?

جزاكمُ اللهُ خيراً

Answer

We commend you on your sensitivity on acquiring a Shariah Complaint Ijarah Model.

Your understanding is correct. We cannot advise on the Ijarah Model without reviewing the contract.

You may send the contract via email to admin@daruliftaa.net