Title: Is it permissible to trade in the FOREX market?

Question

Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

My question: Is it permissible to trade in the FOREX market? Basically I'm really confused. I have talked to scholars who say it is permissible and some who say its not permissible. I have even talked to graduates of Darul Iftaa Mahmudiyyah who are involved in FOREX and they say it is permissible. A young scholar from Darul Uloom in Buffalo, NY set me up with an account and Alhamdulillah I have seen a lot of profit in a very short amount of time. This Alim said according to his knowledge and experience it is permissible to trade in FOREX. What's the correct opinion? By the way if this affects your answer (I don't think it will) but I use a bot and not myself. I don't touch the computer, a software takes the trades for me. I put money into my broking account and thats it, the software does the rest.

Jazakallahu Khairan

Answer

We commend you on your sensitivity to earn a halaal income.

Nabi (ﷺ) said:

طَلَبُ كَسْبِ الْحَلَالِ فَرِيضَةٌ بَعْدَ الْفَرِيضَةِ 

Translation: Earning of Halal income is an obligation beyond other obligations.

(Shuabul Imaan/Sunan Al-kubra, Baihaqi)

There are various types of forex dealings. The ruling of each one differs from the other.

For us to assist you better, kindly clarify the procedure of forex you enquire about.

You may send the details to admin@daruliftaa.net