Title: Clarification- Working for an Interest based accountancy firm

Question

Assalamualykum.

I have 2 questions regarding with being an accountant

1) is it permissible to own an accountancy firm in which i will be subject to deal with interest based transactions.

2) is it permissible for me as an accountant to work for a firm which has got interest based transactions that i will be subject to deal with

Answer

We commend you on your sensitivity to earn a halaal income.

Nabi (ﷺ) said:

طَلَبُ كَسْبِ الْحَلَالِ فَرِيضَةٌ بَعْدَ الْفَرِيضَةِ 

Translation: Earning of Halal income is an obligation beyond other obligations.

(Shuabul Imaan/Sunan Al-kubra, Baihaqi)

Kindly clarify what you mean by you will be subject to deal with interest-based transactions. What will your role be? You may resend your email to admin@daruiliftaa.net