Unlocking phone through face recognition

Question

Assalamualaikum WA Rahmatullahi wa bariatuhu, Mufti sab my question is regarding face unlock in mobile phones, now a days the phone unlocking is being done with face recognition, I want to ask is it permissible to do so. Both for Android and iOS users .because in iphones it's different to a higehi level and in Android it is merely a photo recognition by the phone. Jazakallah Khair. 

Answer

It is permissible to use the face recognition feature to unlock one’s phone, be it Android, iOS or any other operating system.