Title: I need to get married but my parents want me to complete my studies first, what should I do?

Question

Bismillah. I begin by saying the will of Allah is over my own will. I have nothing to say but accept the qadr of Allah SWT.

My question to you begins like this. I have a need for a partner. I have no desire of earning as of right now. (that is to change inshaAllah) I am a student and jobs are offered to students in the University. I want to get married to a girl from my relatives in India. I myself am raised in Saudi Arabia the bulk of my days. That's where my parents live. The question is, should I wait until my studies finish, as per my parents. Even though i may add, my mother infront of me told my aunt(who is my mother as well according to my own mother in virtue) to look for a girl for me. I am comfrotable telling that aunt of mine everything I know. (she is the aunt from my eldest uncle who passed away when i was young). She would help me inshaAllah. I just seek wise counsil from people learned as yourselves. Should i wait for my studies for full long 3 years, and wait for her to finish her studies and then endeavor on this journey on the path of Allah or should I make moves and have it soon as possible. I am willing inshaAllah. in reality, I do not look at any other friend or any woman, purely as a statement of chastity to myself. I connect with my peers on a moral level. I listen to my teachers in the University.

Answer

Rasulullah ﷺ said;

من استطاع الباءة فليتزوج، فإنه أغض للبصر، وأحصن للفرج، ومن لم يستطع فعليه بالصوم، فإنه له وجاء

صحيح البخاري (3/ 26)

Transalation;“Whoever has the ability to get married should get married as it is a means of one lowering his gaze and to safeguarding his chastity. Whoever does not have the ability (to get married) should hold firm to fasting as it is a means to curb his desires” (Saheeh Bukhari. Vol 3. Pg 26).

You mention you have the need to have a partner. At the same time your parents want you to complete your studies which will take 3 long years.

If you have the means to support a wife, you should discuss the issue with your parents and decide accordingly.