Title: I forcefully have to listen to music

Question

I work in a call center so here when customer keep on hold i forcefully have to listen to the music which rings, i cannot remove the head set from my ears because how will i come to know that the customer has come on call so whenever i am on hold i have to listen to the music. Does this makes my job haram or contaminated?

Answer

We commend you on your sensitivity to earn a halaal income.

It is permissible to attend to calls at a centre which provides Shariah compliant services. The income from working at such call centres is halaal. You may discuss your concern with your manager and request him to relieve you from the music. There are alternatives to the hold on music calls. It is haraam to listen to music.

Your resentment to listening to the music and making an effort to avoid listening to the hold on calls music will save your income from being contaminated, Insha Allah.