Title: Woman’s sitting posture in Salah

Question

Assalamu Alykum Shaikh,

Kindly reply me regarding the compulsion of reciting ayah of surah ibrahim, "rabbij alni muqeeminus salata..." after darud in the last rikah.

I heard from people that its mandatory to recite to complete salah.

Secondly, plz advice me with the help of image the position of right foot in sitting posture, jalsa during salah for women. I keep my toe facing qibla but pain starts in muscles.

Thirdly, do I need to bend a little my knees in ruku....

Pl advice as I am very much concerned about this.

May allah reward you for your help.

Jazak Allah

Nafisa from India

Answer

1. 1)         In the last Rakat of Salah, after Durud Shareef one may recite a Dua from Qur’an and Hadith. It is not necessary to recite Rabbij Alni Muqeemos Salah after Durud in the last Rakat.

The following Dua was taught to Abu Bakr Siddiq Radiallahu Anhu to read in Salah

اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي ظَلَمْت نَفْسِي ظُلْمًا كَثِيرًا، وَإِنَّهُ لَا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إلَّا أَنْتَ فَاغْفِرْ لِي مَغْفِرَةً مِنْ عِنْدِك إنَّك أَنْتَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ

Transliterration: Allaahumma Inniy Dhalamtu Nafsiy Dhulman Katheeran wa Innahoo laa Yaghfirud Dhunooba Illaa Anta Fa-ghfirliy Maghfiratan Min Indika, Innaka Antal Ghafoorur Raheem.

1. 2)         Ruku (kneeling)

A woman’s back should be slightly bent during Ruku to the extent that she is able to place her fingers on her knees and her fingers should be close together. Her knees should be slightly bent. Her elbows should be placed close to her sides and the ankles of both her feet kept together.

1. 3)         Posture in Jalsah and Tashahhud

In Jalsah or in Tashahhud, she should sit up straight with her feet towards the right. Her fingers should be close together and placed on her knees pointing towards the Qibla as shown in the following second picture.

Picture 1               Picture 2

You may also refer to an Alima in your area for further explanation and physical demonstration.

Mahomed Yasser Yunus Hussen

Mozambique