Title: Loaning money to a friend for auditioning for modeling and acting

Question

Peace and blessing be upon you ya Shaikh, 

I am writing to you because a personal friend of mine has asked me to give/let him burrow about 1,000$ for an IMTA (International Model & Talent Agency). It's a he (guy) and he says it might help him land a career in acting, however, there's countless posts online about parents who have spent almost 10,000$ and 7,500$ on IMTA and their kids although got some random acting roles never really got the job they were promised to. 

I wanted to inquire if Islamically, this is something that if I do would be considered good or not because a few other friends of mine have told me it may lead him to sin. Also, keep in mind the person who has asked me for this amount of money is someone who is habitually getting a job, quitting not working for 1-2 months then repeats the same thing and doesn't want to get a useful Masters degree to override the useless Bachelors degree (that students get just to say they have college education) which is why they're unable to find a proper job. 

Answer

Brother in Islaam,

Modeling and acting is haraam. It violates many laws of Shari’ah. We advise against loaning money to your friend for modeling and acting. Allaah Ta’aala says,

ولا تعاونوا على الإثم والعدوان

Translation: “And do not assist one another in sin and transgression.” (Al-Maaidah v.2)