Title: Can we use Yusuf Ali’s translation of Quraan?

Question

I was wanting to know if colour coded Quran is permissible as I want to pray better with tajweed I have found the following Quran with English translation and wanted to know if it is permissible to use this one. Holy Quran with Colour Coded Arabic Text, Romanized (Transliterated) English, and Colour Coded English translation by Abdullah Yusuf Ali. Quran comes with the "Persian" script, commonly used in India, Pakistan and throughout the world With Mr. Abdul Haleem Eliasi's transliteration. Would it be ok for me to use this one and if not could you recommend an alternative that is colour coded with English translation. Please could you advise

Answer

Your desire to understand Qur’aan and learn Tajweed is commendable. We advise you use the translation of Mufti Afzal Hoosen Elias titled “Qur’aan made easy”.

We also advise that you take out some time to sit by a scholar to learn Tajweed.

And Allaah Ta’aala Knows Best

Muhammed Al-Ameen Bin Moulana Ismail Akoo

Newcastle; KZN, South Africa