Asked Country: Qatar

Title: I have a building in which I'm thinking of starting a business.

Question

Assalamualaikum Mufti Ibrahim Desai Damat barakatuhu
Hope all Muftian Kiram  are doing well. I have a building in which I'm thinking of starting a business. The business is motorcycle showroom and repairs.

What is concerning to me is many customers if not most buy their motorcycles through loans from the bank due to which it is necessary to keep some bank staff to facilitate transactions of the customers. It's apparent that the loans are interest based.

My question is that is it permissable to keep some bank staff to facilitate the transactions of the customers since we are not the ones who are dealing with interest?

Jazakallahu Khaira

Answer

It is not permissible to accommodate “bank staff” in your showroom to facilitate interest based transactions. [1]

Allah Taala says:

وَلَا تَعَاوَنُوا عَلَى الْإِثْمِ وَالْعُدْان

Translation:

And do not assist each other in sin and transgression. (Maa’idah : 2)

May Allah grant you halal and pure income.  Ameen.

Anas Sharieff Qasmi.

Hyderabad, India.

[1]۔ التنبيه على مشكلات الهداية (4/ 301)

وقد قال تعالى: {ولا تعاونوا على الإثم والعدوان} فالإعانة على المعصية معصية على أي وجه كانت.