Title: Do Junaid Jamshed’s Anasheed contain Shirk?

Question

There is famous naat of Junaid Jamshed "Mai Toh Ummati Hu" and we knows he is ex-singer who use to be a popstar but he gave up music later on and joined Tablighi Jamat and he was a Deobandi of Tablighi Jamat who died few years ago in plane crash in tablighi mission and peoples even called him shaheed (martyr) and he is inspired by Maulana Tariq Jameel, but I found the lyrics to be Shirkiya (Polythiestic) I will text the lyrics and I know the translation will not be that much proper as it should be as I only interpret the verses in lyrics, so it will be a request that please try to understand from yourself also and correct the mistake if my translation is wrong because I am not that much great in formal Urdu, and Mufti Ebrahim Desai studied in Madrasa Jamia Islamia Talimuddin Dabhel in Surat, Gujarat, India so understanding Urdu language will be a piece of cake for him, so here are the verses -

Mai Toh Ummati Hoon Aye Shah e Umam - 

(I am the Ummati, Oh king of all nations)

Karden Mere Aaqa Ab Nazr e Karam -

(Oh my master, grace me with your favorable and blessings gaze i.e nazr e karam) 

Mai Toh Be Sahara Hoon Daaman Bhi Hai Khaali - 

(I am left with no support, and nor am i affluent)

Nabiyon Ke Nabi Teri Shaan Hai Niraali -

(Oh Prophet of Prophets your majesty is unparalleled)

Gham Ke Andheron Ne Ghera Hua Hai -

(Darkness of sorrow have surrounded me)

Aaqa Dushwar Ab Jeena Mera Hua Hai - 

(oh my master it has made my life difficult to pass)

Bigdi Bana Do Meri, Taiba Ke Waali -

(Clear up my mess of miseries i.e Bigdi Bana Do Meri, oh Master of Taiba)

Nabiyon Ke Nabi Teri Shaan Hai Nirali - (Oh Prophet of Prophets your majesty is unparalleled)

Bigri Bana Do Meri Taiba Aye Taiba Ke Waali (Clear up my mess of miseries i.e Bigdi Bana Do Meri, oh Master of Taiba) doesn't look clear shirk? As Rasul Allah is not here neither he is omnipresent but he is calling him in naat and telling Bigdi Banado Meri which literally means in simple language that set my things or help me fully but Rasul Allah is died he can't help him And I saw in video that he sang this naat in front of Maulana Tariq Jameel also and Maulana Tariq Jameel is biggest Tablighi/Deobandi Preacher of Pakistan in the modern era, he didn't even stop him but rather he was listening along with more other Tablighi brothers

Furthermore, there is also another naat which looks even more clear shirk and Junaid Jamshed sang this naat before death in the news channel which he sang in the memory of sabri brothers (one of the qawali group in pakistan) and the lyrics is 

"Bhar De Jholi Meri Ya Mohammad - (Please fill my lap/bag, Oh Mohammed!)

Lautkar Main Naa Jaunga Khaali - 

(I won’t go back empty handed)

there is also further verses but I didn't heard from Junaid Jamshed's mouth but I know that and in his life he definitely sang at least once in a life time i.e

Jab Talak Tu Bana De Na Bigdi - (Until You fix my broken fate) 

Dar Se Tere Na Jaaye Sawali -

(This questioner shall not leave Your door)

this is also took as a Bollywood song in the Indian Bollywood film of Salman Khan i.e Bajrangi Bhaijaan), I am really tensed that Junaid Jamshed is mushrik and if yes so what about those who called him shaheed?? And also Maulana Tariq Jameel will be in same category who didn't stopped him???? kindly answer in detail plzzz

Answer

You state Junaid Jamshed was a Deobandi and he was active in Tabligh.

In principle, when it is known that a person held correct Aqidah, his statement should be interpreted according to his correct Aqidah.

Furthermore, the two statements you refer to have many interpretations. Therefore, it is incorrect to conclusively state that such statements constitute shirk.

We understand your concern for Marhoom Junaid Jamshed (Rahimahullah). Make Dua for his Maghfirah and Maghfirah of all Marhoom and be more concerned of one’s own self and dying in the state of Iman.

Allah Ta’ala says:

تِلْكَ أُمَّةٌ قَدْ خَلَتْ لَهَا مَا كَسَبَتْ وَلَكُمْ مَا كَسَبْتُمْ وَلَا تُسْأَلُونَ عَمَّا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ (البقرة: ١٣٤)

Translation: That was a nation who has passed away. They shall receive the reward of what they earned and you of what you earn. And you will not be asked of what they used to do. (Al- Baqarah: 134)

Abdullah Syed Sajid

Houston, TX, USA