Asked Country: Bangladesh

Title: Feeling pain after burning Ta’weez

Question

Sir, Yesterday I burned 5 ta’weez (amulets) at the time of Magrib, Those amulets was given by some witchdoctor after that i am feeling very weak and scary. My uncle was used to wear those amulets, The witchdoctor gave him those amulets by the help of some jinn’s and told him to wear those amulets for his safety for every time.But, I told him that it’s haram,it’s shirk and I just burned those in our gas oven. After that i am feeling scary and sick and body pain and my uncle is also feeling sick as well. Some time I can smell sob good and bad some bad smell . I forgot mansion some thing ,I don’t know what was inside of those amulets I just burned those amulets and those amulet was given by a witchdoctor from the jinn. when i was burning those amulet some pieces of little needle fall out of those amulets and some kind of wood powder also fall out and Jarda , when i was burning those amulets some kind of juice also falling out, there was some paper also , i just burned all those things by just saying o Allah save me from the evil and burn those thins and threw those amulets to dustbin. And the thing that fall out i grab those with some paper amp also threw those things to the dustbin. I want to mansion I don’t pray salah and that time I was impure(I don’t take wudu that time). Please help me sir , I need help please answer my question very first it is very important sir i am not feeling well.

Answer

Dear Brother,

We pray that Allah Ta’ala protects you and your uncle from all types of evil.

You mention that you burnt five amulets and from then on you felt pain. You haven’t stated what your question is exactly. You may refer back to us regarding what you need help with. Ref: Tareque Ahmed.

Brother, a Muslim ought to be sensitive about keeping himself clean and performing Salah on time. He should not miss out a single Salah.  Consider the following Ahadeeth:

Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam said:

الصلاة عماد الدين

Translation: “Salah is foundation of the religion (Islam)”.  Shu’abul Iman Bayhaqi (3/39)

اول ما يحاسب به العبد يوم القيامة صلاته

Translation: The first thing for which the Muslim will be brought to account on the Day of Resurrection will be the prescribed (Fardh) prayers”. Musnad Ahmad (27/160)

Tareque Ahmed