Title: Nasheeds Without Music

Question

AsalaamuAlaykum

My question is about nasheeds withOUTmusic.  I have seen different answers on your website regarding this topic so was slightly confused.

I see that we're allowed to listen to nasheeds without music, which is something I do as I stopped listening to music years ago.  However my question is about the very subtle vocal noises in the background that all nasheeds seem to have. Just something as simple as (ooo / ahhh) in the background. Is this ok to listen to as there's no music and it's clearly vocal and NOT imitating music.

I saw an answer about acapella on your website which is 10 years old, and I feel like that is answering vocal noise that are INTENDED to sound like music. I know there are many nasheeds that have background vocals that sound very much like music but I don't listen to them.

The kind I listen to are these.  Please could you listen to them THREE and tell me if these are permissible, otherwise I won't understand:

Khaled Siddique:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kRfwyWITVoY

'Labbayk' nasheedgroup: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aCBNyoM7kFw

Nadeem Mohammed:
 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bve_L-rsBhY

All of these nasheeds clearly do not have any sounds that immitate music. I understand it's not permissible to listen to those that sound very much like music BUT the 3 examples I have given above don't have that.

Please could you clarify, as nearly all nasheeds are like the examples I have included?

I feel that many nasheed artists add 'acapella' to their nasheeds to tell people that it is music free, but they are NOT actually making their vocals sound like music.

Otherwise what else can be listened to?

Also, the other thing that I saw different answers for was singing. Is the view that singing is permissable, alone OR with others as long as it doesn't have anything inappropriate and is music free?

Many thanks

Answer

The purpose of listening to nasheeds should be to increase the love of Allah Ta‘ala in the hearts of the listeners, to encourage them to follow the sunnah of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), and to inculcate good qualities.

It is not permissible to listen to nasheeds that contain music or sounds that imitate music.

If a nasheed is free from music and is free from sounds that are similar to music and has no other haram content, it will be permissible.

And Allah Ta‘ālā Knows Best.