Title: Will my sister’s inherit from our mother’s share?

Question

Assalamualaikum My mother has a share in the house (along with 3 brothers) as decided by my dad, whilst another property was given to two sisters. After my mum’s death how will her share be devided? Will it be divided only amongst 3 brothers or will the 2 sisters also have a share ie will her share be divided into 8 shares with each brother getting 2 shares and sisters getting one each Wassalam

Answer

Your mother’s share of the house will be divided into eight shares. Each son will receive two shares of the house and each sister will receive one share of the house. The other property given to the two sisters do not deprive them of receiving their shares from their mother’s share of the house[1].

And Allaah Ta’aala Knows Best

Muhammed Al-Ameen Bin Moulana Ismail Akoo

Newcastle; KZN, South Africa

[1]

الدر المختار شرح تنوير الأبصار وجامع البحار\ كتاب الفرائض

ج 1\ص 764 (دار الكتب العلمية)

ثم شرع في الحجب فقال: (ولا يحرم ستة) من الورثة (بحال) البتة (الاب والام والابن والبنت) أي الابوان والولدان (والزوجان)