Asked Country: Nigeria

Title: What can we name our shop?

Question

Assalamalaikum, my question is My wife and I having business together in a Store, and we want to name the Shop.

What is the right Islamic name we can name the Shop.??

Answer

We suggest you keep the name of your shop “Al Mabroor”.

Rasulullah ﷺ was asked which is the best form of earning? He replied,

عَمَلُ الرَّجُلِ بِيَدِهِ , وَكُلُّ بَيْعٌ مَبْرُورٌ[1]

“(The earning) of a man working with his own hands and every Mabroor transaction”.

Mabroor refers to transactions conducted according to the Shariah.

The business name “Mabroor” will always remind you to be righteous in your dealings. Rasulullah ﷺ has mentioned;

التَّاجِرُ الصَّدُوقُ الأَمِينُ مَعَ النَّبِيِّينَ، وَالصِّدِّيقِينَ، وَالشُّهَدَاءِ[2].

“Trustworthy, truthful traders will be (resurrected) with the Prophets, Truthful and Martyrs” (Tirmidhi).

[1]

الجامع الصحيح للسنن والمسانيد (11/ 475)

[2]

سنن الترمذي ت بشار (2/ 506)