Asked Country: Hong Kong

Title: I've lost the enthusiasm to lead a good life, What do i do?

Question

These days I don't feel a deep connection with my salahs and I get very distracted and lose the will to even do tasbeeh after prayers, and I'm not happy with this situation of mine.
I also don't know anymore what's the purpose of my life, what should I do to be a peaceful and content Muslim?
I don't know how to make my life meaningful anymore, I'm 23 and I have a whole life ahead but I've already lost the enthusiasm to lead a good life I just feel so empty, how can I get out of this state?

Answer

We take note of the contents of your email.

Almighty Allah Ta’āla says in the Quran Kareem:

وَمَا خَلَقْتُ الْجِنَّ وَالْإِنْسَ إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُونِ[1]

“I have created the jinn and mankind only to worship me.” (Dhaariyaat: 56)

Allah Ta’āla has outlined our purpose in life. It is to worship Him and please Him in every single facet of our life. It is through the obedience of Allah Ta’āla one will attain true inner peace. Focus on pleasing Allah Ta’āla in everything you do.

Consider the following verse of the Quran Kareem:

الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَتَطْمَئِنُّ قُلُوبُهُمْ بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ أَلَا بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ[2]

“Those that bring imaan and their hearts attain tranquillity through the remembrance of Allah. Listen, it is through the remembrance of Allah the hearts find peace.” (Ra’d: 28)

Build the willpower within yourself to do your daily adhkaar and tasbeehaat. Constantly make dua to Allah Ta’āla for istiqamah.

Consider the bounties Allah Ta’āla has blessed you with. The greatest bounty Allah Ta’āla has blessed you with is imaan. Imaan is the key to ultimate success in the Akhirah. Appreciate all the bounties Allah Ta’āla has given you and look at those that are less fortunate than you.

You have your life ahead of you. Focus on achieving your aspirations and turn to Allah Ta’āla with Salah, dhikr and dua in every stage of your life.

You should also listen to the discourses of our teacher Hazrat Mufti Ebrahim Desai Sab on Qaseedah Burdah. The discourses are about instilling the love for Allah Ta’āla and Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) within our hearts. They are available on the following link:

http://tasawwuf.daralmahmood.org/i-tikaaf-2015.html

Mizanur Rahman

UK

[1] القرآن الكريم

(سورة الذاريات: 46)  

[2]  القرآن الكريم

(سورة الرعد: 28)