Title: I owed someone 20 pounds but he passed away leaving 10 children behind, who should I give the money to?

Question

I Owe someone 20 Pounds, that person has passed away and also his wife, they have 10 children, who should I give this 20 pound too? can I give this to any one of the kids?

Answer

The 20 pounds which was owed to the deceased forms part of his estate. You may contact the executor of the estate and hand over the money to him to be distributed to the heirs of the deceased according to the shariah laws of inheritance and succession.[1]

[1]

الفتاوى الهندية (14/ 490)

وَلَوْ مَاتَ الدَّائِنُ وَقَضَاهُ إلَى وَرَثَتِهِ أَوْ وَصِيَّتِهِ بَرَّ فِي يَمِينِهِ وَإِلَّا فَهُوَ حَانِثٌ ، كَذَا فِي الْوَجِيزِ لِلْكَرْدَرِيِّ .

Kifaayatul Mufti, Vol 8, Pg 138.