Asked Country: Japan

Title: Can I work in an IT position at a sports company?

Question

Assalam Alykum. I am considering applying to an IT position in the head office of a sports brand company like Nike. As you know, these sports brands also sell immodest clothing for women in addition to other sportswear. But as I mentioned I will be working as an IT staff in this company so in this case, is it halal to work in such a company?

Answer

It is permissible for you to work in the IT position of a sports brand company. [1]

Mizanur Rahman

UK

[1] فتاوی عثمانی، مفتی محمد تقی عثمانی، مکتبہ معارف القرآن، کراچی، پاکستان (3/396)

عنوان ص:394 - بينک کی ملازمت کا تفصيلی حکم

جواہر الفقہ، مفتی محمد شفيع عثمانی (المتوفى: 1396هـ)، مکتبۃ دار العلوم کراچی، کراچی، پاکستان (7/510)

--

___________________________

Disclaimer: This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any damage, errors or omissions in the content of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.