Title: How should I look for a marriage partner?

Question

Asalamualaikum shiekh! I know marraige is destiny. It happens in its fixed time. But I heard somewhere that it is like a provision. The way we have to work, earn & cook food to eat similarly we have to search, work on ourselves & choose good partners for marriage.. We have been given a choice.. Im confused should i just sit ideally & make dua for my man to come & marry me or should i search for him. My parents are too old & I cannot find any Halal means to find a guy. What do I do?

Answer

Allah Ta`ala has made this world of means. You should adopt appropriate and suitable means to find a marriage partner. You may request womenfolk of your locality, relatives and friends to search for you a suitable marriage partner.

Together with the above, make dua to Allah to grant you a suitable and compatible marriage partner. Recite Durood Shareef 500 times daily and thereafter make dua. This practise is proven effective to find a suitable marriage partner.