Category: Divorce (Talaaq)
Fatwa#: 40772
Asked Country: Philippines

Answered Date: Jul 14,2018

Title: What can I do about my wife communicating with strangers?


Asalamaualaikum wa rahmatullahii wa barakatuh

I have been married to a divorcee for 16years now. Our marriage was perfect during the first 6 years. After that my wife has changed a lot. Our relationship have not recvered since then. In fairness, she has going to Arabic class in trying to understand Quran but unfortunatley her behaviour and actions had turned into rebellious towards me and even told me she don't want me anymore, asked me to find another wife and or divorce her. Recently, I found her sending sweet messages and elctronic birhtday greeting card to hier ex-husband. I also leanedt she's been talking to a lot of Msulim men online. She spent practically all her time in her phone online or in front of the computer. 

I have been patient and keep on prahying all these years. Please advise me what to do.


In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

As-salaamu `alaykum wa-ramatullahi wa-barakatuh.

We make dua Allah grant you the courage to overcome your predicament and may Allah guide you to whatever is best for you.

At this stage, we suggest you discuss this issue with your wife`s parents and seek their wise counsel on how to deal with their daughter, your wife.

And Allah Ta`ala Knows Best.

Hussein Muhammad.

Student Darul Iftaa

Arusha, Tanzania

Checked and Approved by:

Mufti Ebrahim Desai.






DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • The Shar's ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of
  • Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.