Title: Will my sins be forgiven?

Question

Assalam alaykum, I am 22 years old and I have committed a sin and after i committed i tols atleast 2 people about it if i ask Allah for forgiveness sincerely, will i be forgiven?

Thanks

Answer

Allah Ta`ala says in the Quran;

{قُلْ يَاعِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَى أَنْفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ (53)} [الزمر: 53]

Translation; “Say, O my beloved salves who how wronged themselves, do not be despondent from the mercy of Allah. Allah forgives all sins. He is the Most forgiving, Most Merciful”. (Sura Zumar. Verse 53).

As human beings we do commit sins and Allah as our creator forgives sins when one repents (makes tauba sincerely). You should make tauba and a firm resolution not to ever repeat or do another sin. You do not have to mention your sin to others.