Asked Country: Ireland

Title: Prayer time calculation

Question

Assalamu Alikum Hazrat Mufti Sahib,

I hope you are fine. My name is Mubashir and I belong to Karachi, Pakistan. I am Hanafi and currently I live in Waterford, Ireland. I have few questions and I hope, Mufti sahib will be able to answer:

1. On different prayer time calculation websites and softwares, there are different calculation methods:

* Muslim World League

* University of Islamic Sciences, Karachi

* Umm Al-Qura

* Islamic Soceity of North America, etc

Moreover, there are two juristic setting available:

* Hanafi

* Standard (Hanbali, Shafi, Maliki)

My question is:  Being Hanafi, can I select any calculation method or I need to select University of Islamic Sciences, Karachi calculation method?

If I select, let's say, Hanafi and Islamic Society of North America, will it be permissible?

2. When I came to Ireland, in the mosque, they follow the timings provided by Islamic Cultural Center of Ireland, website mentioned below:

http://timetable.islamireland.ie/

Here the timings mentioned below does not even matches with Islamic finder timings:

Isha: 22:49 as per Islamic Cultural Center of Ireland

Isha: 23:31 as per Islamic Finder website (Standard (Hanbali, Maliki, Shafi) Muslim World League)

Isha: 23:45 as per Islamic Finder website (HanafiUniversity Of Islamic Sciences, Karachi)

Now, my question is: Being Hanafi, which combination I should follow? 23:45 timing? as per Islamic Finder website (HanafiUniversity Of Islamic Sciences, Karachi)?

3. If i follow the timings according to Hanafi Fiqh and University of Islamic Sciences Karachi then I will not be able to pray Isha with Jamat. Is it permissible?

4. Being Hanafi, if i pray isha as per current timings in mosque (according to Islamic cultural center of Ireland), do I need to offer again my Isha and asr payers?

5. Several of Pakistani people live here in Ireland and they also follow the Hanafi Fiqh but they don't have understanding of these different methods of the calculation of prayer timings. They just come to mosque and follow the prayer timings mentioned there and offer jamat. As noted above, their timings are totally different. So, do their prayers will be offered? or I need to share them this information that they should pray at the correct timings according to Hanafi Fiqh (Hanafi and University of Islamic Sciences Karachi calculation method)?

6. If I follow the prayer timings according to Hanafi Fiqh (University of Islamic Sciences Karachi Calculation method) and I have this belief that all other methods of calculating prayer timings are correct then which belief I should consider regarding the Hanafi Paksitani people who does not know all these prayer timing calculation methods? For instance, a Pakistani person who is Hanafi, offered Isha at 22:49 and Isha time starts at 23:45, so do I need to believe that his isha prayer is not performed as he did not follow the correct prayer timings?

7. If a Hanafi person visit Saudi Arabia, he follows the timings of other fiqh but why this case is not same for other countries?

JazakAllah Khire

Mubashir Husain Rehmani

Waterford, Ireland

Answer

Brother in Islaam,

We take note of the contents of your query. We advise you to follow the timetable of your local masjid.