Porcine-sourced injections

Question

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuhu respected Mufti sahib,

My question pertains to the use of anti-coagulant injections given after major surgeries. To avoid the risk of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism, patients are injected with heparin/clexane/dalteparin injection following major surgeries.

Unfortunately, I have recently discovered that the salts for these injections are sourced from porcine sources.

This is not mentioned anywhere on the patient information leaflet of such injections.  However a google search with the term porcine included reveals this. Alternatives are availablee but I am not sure how widely they are in use.

Given the above facts, I have the following questions:

1. Since the injections use salts from porcine sources, would this be a case of tabdeel e mahiyyah?

2. If a patient has been injected with these in the past without knowing about their origin, what should they do now? Would istighfaar suffice?

Jazakillahu khayran

Answer