Title: Is it permissible to publish a translation of the Quran without the Arabic text?

Question

Respected Muftiyan-E-Kiram مدظلہم Assalamu Alykum, I've a few questions regarding translations of Holy Quran. Although I mostly read the translations of Mufti Taqi Usmani & Mufti Afzal Hoosein Elias مدظلہم، sometimes I go through Saheeh International, Pickthall as well. I've made up a few questions as follows:

1: Is it permissible to publish, then if published to read such translations of Quran which don't include Arabic for just reading purposes?

2: Are the translations like Saheeh International (promoted by Mufti Ismail Menk, Qari Ziyad Patel) okay? They do not have Arabic. They are only English. Saheeh International Donate Quran versions include method of salah of ghair muqallidin at last as well. They donate it freely. 

Please throughly quote the manhaj of Ulama of Ahlussunnah, and the maslak of Ulama of Deoband regards all this with dalail as well.

Jazakumullahu Khyr

Aaqib Aafi Naqshbandi

Answer

1. In principle, it is not permissible to publish or sell a translation of the Quran without the Arabic text.[1] A Quran will only be termed a ‘Quran’ when the Arabic text is included in the Mushaf.

2. Sahih International publishes the translation of the Quran with and without the Arabic text. One may benefit from the one with the Arabic text.

Abdullah Syed Sajid

Houston, TX, USA 

الدر المختار وحاشية ابن عابدين (رد المحتار) (1/ 486) [1]

إن اعتاد القراءة بالفارسية أو أراد أن يكتب مصحفا بها يمنع، وإن فعل في آية أو آيتين لا، فإن كتب القرآن وتفسير كل حرف وترجمته جاز

فتح القدير (2/ 47)

وَفِيهِ إنْ اعْتَادَ الْقِرَاءَةَ بِالْفَارِسِيَّةِ أَوْ أَرَادَ أَنْ يَكْتُبَ مُصْحَفًا بِهَا يُمْنَعُ وَإِنْ فَعَلَ فِي آيَةٍ أَوْ آيَتَيْنِ لَا ، فَإِنْ كَتَبَ الْقُرْآنَ وَتَفْسِيرَ كُلِّ حَرْفٍ وَتَرْجَمَتَهُ جَازَ

التجنيس والمزيد (جلد ١/ ص ٤٧٧)