Country: Mauritius

Placement of Hands During Khutba

Question

Assalaam,

First let me praise you and your team for this beautiful website.  Alhamdulilah. May Allah (SWT) give you strength to continue and reach the maximum of Muslims.

My question is what should we do when the Jumuah Khutbah is being recited? Reason I ask this is because I've been taught since a kid to cross both hands while in seating position (first Khutbah) and hands on my knee for second Khutbah. Now many people don't do it and I'm confused.

I tried to look for an answer but couldn't find any. I'll be happy if you could send a link if it was answered previously.

Thank you ans Salaams.

Answer

One should listen to the khutba of jumu‘a attentively while sitting in a respectful position.

There is no basis for crossing the hands during the first khutba and placing the hands on the knees during the second khutba.

And Allah Ta‘ālā Knows Best.