Asked Country: Czech Republic

Title: Touching haram items

As salamu alaykum. If a person touches something haram like non halal meat/pork/alcohol/member of the opposite sex that they are not married too etc then touches something like there own phone or own money does that thing they touched after touching the haram thing become haram aswell? e.g if i was to to touch a woman or touch pork then touch my money would my money then become haram? i know it sounds silly but i feel i suffer with ocd and these are the type of thoughts that run through my head daily and it leaves me feeling that because i may have touched something impermissible for me then anything i touch afterwards also becomes impermissible as its been contaminated by hands from touching the first impermissible thing.

In principle, touching something Haram and thereafter touching something else will not make that thing Haram.

Simply ignore such thoughts and do not pay any attention to them. Do not allow the whispers of Shaitan to intimidate you. When you experience such thoughts recite:

اعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم

I seek refuge in Allah from the accursed Shaitan.

We advise you consult your physician for diagnosis and medication. We are hopeful that appropriate medication will help alleviate your disorder.

We make dua Allah Ta’āla grant you complete Shifa. Ameen.

Abdullah Syed Sajid

Houston, TX, USA 

DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of