Asked Country: Swaziland

Title: My mother is always angry at me and rejects all the proposals I receive.

Question

AoA,kindly guide me i can not understand whole situation i am 24 years old my mother does not love me she object on every thing what i do my whole family are doing same thing perposals come but they deny my age is overing but they can not understand this my mother always anger at me i am worried plz answer me at this web not reply me at e mail plz
thanks answer me fast plz

Answer

Your thinking that your mother does not love you is incorrect.  She gave birth to you. She looked after you, fed you and continues to do so. If she didn’t love you, she would have got rid of you long time ago. She’s the only one in the world that loves you unconditionally. Her love cannot be equated with anything in this world. Therefore, whatever she says or does is motivated by her love and compassion for you. What if she would get you married to a wrong person who would abuse you? You would then think your mother got rid of you. Now that you are at home, why don’t you think your mother has saved you from abuse? Why do you think she hates you? Change the direction of your thinking!

The decision to marry requires maturity and insight. Your parents have matured with their experiences of life and have insight on issues beyond the surface. The decisions they make are always considering what’s best you.

However, if you feel disadvantaged by their attitude and conduct, identify an influential person in the family and confide in the person who will communicate your concerns and feelings to your parents. That, we hope will make them change their attitude or at least explain to you the reasons for their attitude.

We make dua Allah Taala grants you peace and happiness and grant you a compatible marriage partner. Ameen.

Huzaifah Deedat