Asked Country: Canada

Title: What can I do in regards to my rude husband?

Question

my husband and i are married for the past 5 years.after 3months of our marriage my husband physically abused me.i gave him a chance thinking i should work on my marriage and thinking about my family.a year later, he did the same thing. now we dont live together. he verbally divoced me once, but we started living together again.he convinced me that it is not valid.the second time divorced me on the phone.He said if u take me to canada, i will divorce u right away legally and u dnt have to go through anything, cuz my family will not support me if i want to divorce him.he promised n said all he want is a pr to come to canada, and then he will legally divorce me.I have started hating him.my parents still want me to try.his aunt has verbally abused me.I have given my best and have tried to the fullest.recently he spoke to my family members and changed his words that he doesnt want to come for canadian pr but only to save our marriage. he has done this several times.he abused me n said sorry n said this will never happen again, but he did it again and i know he will not change.what should i do?

Answer

We sympathise with you for your condition and make dua to Allah to grant you ease from your difficulty.

We advise you consult your elders and explain to them your feelings and the difficulties you are facing. You should make istikhara and make a decision accordingly. In the meanwhile, turn to Allah with salatul hajah, dua and zikr.