Asked Country: Saudi Arabia

Title: Istikhara and Stress Regarding Marriage

Question

Assalaam Walaikum,

I have been searching for a girl for me to get married since last 3 years and my parents has shown me some girls for marriage. i did ishtikhara for every girl i have seen but could not get any answer. whenever i try to take decision and choose one i feel something is holding me back and i dont feel like saying yes to that girl or i just feel like saying no to everyone and my stress level gets high and i go into depression until i get rid of this matter. now i am really worried. i dont know what is happenning with me.

Could you please guide me or give a advise regarding these matter.

Thanks in Advance.

May Allah Reward you for these.

Answer

There is no need for you to get depressed if you decide not to get married to a girl. You performed istikhara and if you still have reservations, you should not proceed. [1] However, we advise you to include mashwara in your decision-making procedure. If you are unsure, consult with appropriate people to assist you to decide.

Turn to Allah with salah, du‘a, and zikr and adopt all possible means to find a suitable marriage partner. May Allah grant you a most compatible wife. Amin.

And Allah Ta‘ālā Knows Best.

Lutfi

USA

[1]

حاشية الطحطاوي على مراقي الفلاح شرح نور الإيضاح (ص: ٣٩٧)

"وندب صلاة الاستخارة" أي طلب ما فيه الخير وهي تكون لأمر في المستقبل ليظهر الله تعالى خير الأمرين