Category:
Asked Country: New Zealand

Title: I’m losing my friends.

Question

Assalamualaikum wbt. I try to find answer in the askimam but I cannot see it. So I hope mufti will open this email and try to answer it for me.a few months ago until now I try to change myself to be a better person. I really happy because I had learn new things in my life. But a lot of thing that made me sad when I loose all of my friends. They abandoned me and made me feel like I'm a stranger. I don't have friends and it made me loose hope. Sometimes I think that Allah doesn't help me but yeah Allah helped me. I'm just too sad because I loose all my close friends. What should I do?  Do I have to keep away myself from them?  Or do I have to try be with them?  Can you give me advise to steadfast in Islam?  Because I always loose hope when I don't have anyone to encourage me. Jazakallah 

Answer

A sincere, honest and true friend does not abandon his friend. He does not make his friend feel like a stranger. If your friends abandoned you and made you feel like a stranger, they are not true, sincere and faithful friends. You should not feel sad at the loss of such friends. In fact, you should be thankful to Allah for separating from such friends.

In future adopt friendship, only with the mutttaqeen(Allah-Consciousness).

Allah Ta’āla says,

الْأَخِلَّاءُ يَوْمَئِذٍ بَعْضُهُمْ لِبَعْضٍ عَدُوٌّ إِلَّا الْمُتَّقِينَ [الزخرف: 67]

Close friends, that Day (Day of resurrection), will be enemies to each other, except for the righteous

Huzaifah Deedat