Asked Country: Italy

Title: Ibogaine Treatment

Question

Mufti,

I have diagnosed Bi-polar disorder and depression. I've been on and off of meds for the last few years and I can't manage taking them anymore, things are not getting much better and it's starting to affect my life very negatively. I've had to leave university and stop my studies and now it's starting to affect my relationships with my friends and family. 

Recently a friend suggested I try the Ibogaine Treatment. He suggested it after two of his family members went for it and had very positive results. I have found a Muslim person that administers the treatment, prescribes your dosage etc. Can you please let me know if it would be permissable for me go for the treatment. 

Jazakallah 

Answer

Ibogaine is a natural health product produced from Tabernanthe iboga, a perennial shrub that is endemic to the rainforests of Central Africa. Historically, it’s cultural use has centred in Gabon, where it has been used for centuries in ceremonies of healing and initiation.

Ibogaine is highly valued for its physical regenerative properties as well for it’s potential to catalyse psychological and spiritual transformation.

In principle it is permissible for you to undergo the Ibogaine Treatment.

Huzaifah Deedat

_____________________

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibogaine 

http://www.mindsalive.org/ibogaine-therapy/